Friday, March 6, 2015

Spring Break



This upcoming week is spring break for us Clarkies. Although this weather doesn't prompt spring break, it is a sign that we are getting closer to the end of another semester. Unfortunately I am not going anywhere fun and exotic, which means I decided to make the theme of this weeks post tropical in place of me being somewhere warm. The high of my spring break will be maybe 40°. I am never the girl that is always traveling for break to exciting locations. The few places I have traveled to (Arizona, Europe, Florida, Maryland, D.C) I feel extremely lucky to have had the experiences I did. The next time I take a plane it will hopefully be to Cape Town, South Africa, where I will be studying abroad. One day, by the time I turn 50 years old, my wish is to have visited each state for at least a day. 




Each time I explore or do smelting new, I like to keep a small token form there to help me remember those special memories. Instead of souveniers that are materialistic and costly, I decided a few years ago to start saving tickets. It mostly started in 2012 when I traveled to Europe. I saved every ticket I used, from subway tickets to museum passes. I decided to keep them in a mason jar because I think it looks cute and is a perfect way to display them with easy access. I love to go through the jar and look at each ticket. When I do this a unique memory usually pops into my head. Without these tickets I would defiantly forget some of the places I traveled to and things I have done. 



This is my jar full with tickets! I probably have about 50 for now. 

My treat for this week includes one of my favorite fruits: Pineapple
Pineapple is very sugary and sweet, so of course one of my favorites. It has many benefits such as high fiber, calcium and Vitamins A and C. Pineapple has a substance called Bromelain, an anti-inflammatory that boosts up the healing power of Vitamin C. 




XOXO, Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment