Monday, February 23, 2015

Reflections


It has been a few weeks since I started writing this blog and I felt it was a good time to reflect on my experience so far. I'm feeling myself getting more and more excited to write blog posts. I love letting my creative side out and this blog is a perfect way to express myself. Writing about things that interest me is what is most fun.

I find myself looking forward to posting rather than dreading it or looking at it as a task. My favorite part is definitely incorporating pictures. I love photography and sites such as Tumblr and Instgram. Those sites, and photos especially, are my inspirations for the many things that I do and write about.

Blogging has been so much fun, but also a challenge in some ways. I am a perfectionist, so figuring out new things is always a challenge for me. Trying to set up my blog and site was a struggle because I was new to this medium of blogging. I really wanted to get my the style of my blog such as the layout and background looking just right. I tried about 20 times to get a perfect header before giving up. The first thing I judge people when I glance at their blog is the overall look. I feel guilty saying that because I feel like I am judging a book by its cover by not focusing on the content, but it is the truth. That is why I have been so hard on myself to keep working at my blog to perfect it. You have to make the right first impression.

At first I had a hard time getting into the writing and I was sort of searching for something to write about. Now I have too many things to write about! Ideas are always in my head and sometimes I can't process them all and get them out there. Writing posts is now one of my favorite things to do and I have people requesting that I should keep up with my blog even after my assignment is over with. I really like this idea and hope I find time to do this.

I know my blog won't change the world, but I am happy that I am using the Internet to communicate in a way that is may be translated or interpreted by others through their screen.


XOXO, Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment